Friday, September 12, 2008

9 Months

It's been a busy month for us, so here's a brief recap of what we've been up to since I haven't posted very much.

Matt started back at school a few weeks ago and that means football practice, football games, and a new schedule for all of us. Matt drops Aubrey off at daycare in the morning and I pick her up in the evenings. So our days usually start around 4:30 am. I'm usually at work by 6:30-6:45 am and I try and get out by 4:45 pm at the latest. I try and feed Aubrey by 6:00 pm, and then we play for a bit before it's time for a bath and bed. She's usually asleep by 8:00 pm. One night last week Matt came home and found our little baby dressed like a ninja. He'd had a bad day, so you can imagine this put a smile on his face pretty quickly. (I had this headband on my head and she kept grabbing for it, so I put it on her head.)


Aubrey is a great eater. We haven't found anything that she doesn't like. We've introduced Gerber Puffs to her-they're like Cheerios but flavored. She likes these. She puts 4 or 5 in her hand but then only 1 or 2 actually make it to her mouth.



Aubrey now has 4 teeth-2 on the top and 2 on the bottom. Here's a picture where you can actually see the ones on the top:


Over Labor Day weekend, we took a trip to visit Matt's family in Oklahoma. It was Aubrey's first plane trip. She did well. On the way there all she wanted to do was look out the window. On the way home, she wasn't feeling well, so she slept the whole way. While in Oklahoma, Aubrey met lots of new family members, including her cousin Abby. Abby is the daughter of Matt's cousin, Jeff, and his wife Jennifer. She's almost 3 and even named her baby doll Aubrey.

That's what's been going on with us over that last few weeks. We are now awaiting the arrival of Hurricane Ike. We have all of the necessary supplies and are staying put. We are very far from the storm surge, but we will probably get a lot of rain and wind. Keep your fingers crossed for us that we aren't without power for too long.