Thursday, June 25, 2009

18-Month Update

It's been awhile since I posted, so here's an update of what Aubrey's been up to. She had her 18-month check-up a few weeks ago and was 24 and 1/2 lbs and almost 32 inches long, so she's in the 50th % for weight and 75th % for height. The Dr. said she's what everyone wants to be - tall and skinny! She only had to get 1 shot and won't have to get another shot until she's 4. The Dr. warned us that she will start getting picker about food and will probably have 1 large meal a day and pick at her food the rest of the day. Right now, she seems to have a good appetite, so we'll see if that changes.

Aubrey has had a busy summer so far. Matt and I went to Las Vegas for a few days in June and she spent the time with Nana and Pops. She had a great time helping to take care of my parent's cats, playing in the water, and even took a trip to the Children's Museum and Aquarium.

Then last week, we made another trip to Louisiana to visit the newest addition to our family. My niece, Grace Elizabeth, was born Friday, June 26th. Momma, baby, and daddy are all doing great. Aubrey was very excited to meet her new cousin and on the way to the hospital, she kept saying "Baby Grace".


She is taking classes on Saturday mornings at the Little Gym for the summer and will start swimming lessons next week. The Little Gym is a fun place with mats, songs, bubbles, and balls. It gives Aubrey a chance to interact with kids her own age and run around and play inside, since it is SO HOT outside.

Aubrey is at a fun stage right now. (I think I say this at every stage, but it just keeps getting better and better.) She's talking up a storm, loves to sing (even if we can't always figure out what she's singing), knows her numbers 1-10, loves to be read to, loves puzzles.



We are looking forward to the long 4th of July weekend at home, and I hope we will be able to have some fun and watch some fireworks. I hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July!