Monday, June 30, 2008

Last Week

It's been over a week since I've posted. We had a very busy week last week. On Monday Aubrey went to the doctor for her 6-month check-up. She had a fun time until the 3 shots. She played with the paper on the examining table while we waited for the dr to come in, and Dr. Pope made her laugh when he swung her in the air to check how strong her arms were. She is now in the 75th % for her weight and length. She was 16 lbs, 12 oz and 26 in long. And her head is still in the 90th %-she definitely can't deny that Alger head!
On Tuesday, we got my car back from the shop. The first week I had it, someone hit me on my way home from work. It's as good as new now, since it is still brand new!
On Wednesday, I came home from work to no AC. The outside fan was running, but that was it. Luckily it had rained, so the house was cooler than it normally was at 5 pm, or it may have been unluckily, since the guy who fixed it said the lightning probably knocked out the part that went out. So, we all camped out downstairs where it was cooler, like we did during Aubrey's first few days home from the hospital, but none of really slept very good that night.
This weekend, Aubrey had a few new adventures. We went grocery shopping on Saturday, and placed her in the shopping cart without her carrier. It was definitely a new adventure for her being able to see all of the people and items in the grocery store. She eventually figured out we were putting stuff in the cart behind her and kept trying to lean back to see what was back there. On Saturday night, we went out to eat and put her in the high chair instead of propping the carrier with her in it on the upside-down high chair. She is definitely a people watcher, but I don't think people mind when babies stare.
Since it's been over a week since I've posted any pictures, I'll post a few in the next post...